Sunday 9 October 2011

The old town of Vanalinn

There is something magic about Tallinn. My last visit was in winter 2008 and now that the air was fresh with autumn, I found it much easier to explore and enjoy. Estonia was one of the countries that became a battleground for the converging forces of Nazis and Soviets in WW2. However, the Old Town (Vanalinn) remains charming and atmospheric.
I found a tree that I loved, who despite being quite healthy, has been trampled upon daily by hordes of photo-snapping tourists. I approached with a little more respect than most, but found its branches quite conducive to relaxation and creativity, so I availed myself on a number of occasions.






1 comment:

ranno said...

You're almost done with Your next book, right? ..and ready to reward Yourself with another trip to Europe, right? :D